Monday, June 25, 2012

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to DC we go...

As a scientist, one of the things I do fairly frequently is make pilgrimages to Washington D.C.  Or more typically, not to D.C. proper, but just next door to Arlington, where all the funding agencies I work with have their offices, there to talk to program managers, attend PI meetings, sit on review panels, whatever.

This trip, though, I'm rather more nervous and keyed up about than usual, though, because tomorrow morning we're going to be talking about demand shaping and the Zome/ColorPower project in front of the Federal Smart Grid Task Force.  They've asked us to give a half hour presentation on these wild and disruptive technologies that we're bringing to the table, and so the Zome CTO & I will be there to present a story of Truth and Beauty (or at least our versions thereof) to representatives of a dozen or so key federal agencies.

What makes me happy is that I'm feeling really solid about our technology and our impact story.
What makes me nervous is that I've never presented to this level of Federal official before, let alone a whole gang of them all at once.
What makes me excited is that this could be a really useful step forward in bringing the whole distributed demand response project into reality...

Well, onward into the breach, dear friends!  It's wouldn't be science if I got to be too comfortable...

No comments: