Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Mark of Dubstep

I did a very joyful and stupid thing today, but they can't say they weren't warned.

Some of my fellow committee members submitted their pictures and bio blurbs on time. Some did not. The ones who did not were asked again. It's just a sentence or two. The blurbs went unwritten. Last week they were jokingly warned: send in your bios, or else Jake will write something unusual and ridiculous for you. At today's meeting, I was given free rein.

They all got bios and DJ names. The first sentence was serious, the second exposed the free-associated and unusual fictional lives of my colleagues:
The one who hadn't submitted a headshot yet got Wikipedia's current illustration of a kitten. He responded with a correction very quickly indeed. The rest are still up there, as of this writing.


I am disproportionately tickled by my own jokes, and it has been making me smile all day.
I am clearly a bad, bad man and an unreliable and dangerous troublemaker.

I wonder how long the Mark of Dubstep will remain.

No comments: