Monday, March 02, 2020

Guest Post: "Shining Winter"

On a peaceful and relaxing note, I offer this guest post from my daughter Harriet, who has asked me to share this poem on her behalf:

Snow falls from the sky outside the window like if the clouds were dancing to the ground.
Hot cocoa sits by the warm fire place in the quiet, loving room.
In the silent, quiet room lays a sleeping cat.
Next to the cat is a pale brown couch
Inside the fire place lighted, quiet, brown room everything is relaxed.
Next to me lays little, brown, leather book.
Glimmering in the light of the fire lies a shelf of elegant, glittering, glass cups.

When the cat wakes up it climbs on to the couch and purrs satisfyingly.
Innocent silence fills the room again.
Near the fire, I sleep in peace, with a beautiful aroma of candles.
Tenderly, the cat purrs again.
Enjoying the hot cocoa, I pet the cat.
Resting my feet on a pillow, I fall into a deep, relaxing sleep.

1 comment:

Cousin Sus said...

I love this- Wonderful writing Harriet!!!